The Ginger root is known for over 6000 years in India and China to soothe occasional stomach upset and is widely spread because of its culinary use. Actually, several double blind studies with placebo have established the effectiveness of ginger in the treating of pregnancy and post-operatory nausea. The E-Commision for phytotherapy recognizes the medical use of the ginger root to address digestive disorders and to prevent nausea caused by traveling.
Carrot Cake Smoothie with Ginger Essential Oil
To make your own Carrot Cake Smoothies (2 servings), you will need:
– 6 large carrots, peeled
– 2 bananas
– 1 orange
– the inside of 1 vanilla bean
– a bit of ground cinnamon (you could also add a bit of ground clove or freshly grated nutmeg)
– a pinch of sea salt
– 16 ounces of liquid (water, almond milk, coconut milk, or a mix of any of these will work great)
– 1-2 drops of Ginger essential oil from Veriditas Botanicals
– 1 drop of Sweet Orange essential oil from Veriditas Botanicals
Making a smoothie is pretty simple… just blend everything up in whatever blender you have. Here’s a tip, though: use frozen bananas so your smoothie will be cold and ready to serve after blending. You may prefer using frozen ingredients over using ice because then the ice doesn’t melt and dilute your drink – not that it ever takes me long to finish it anyway. Enjoy your smoothie!