Aromatic molecules: 1,8 cineole
Distilled organ: Leaf
Much more well-known in ancient times, where wreaths crowned victors. Bay produces a remarkable essential oil that remains underused in aromatherapy. Native to the Mediterranean basin, this tree has a smooth, dark grey bark and leaves that are a dark shiny green on top and paler on the underside.
Bay Laurel is a cheery, uplifting essential oil known for its use in recipes for digestive and respiratory support. It is commonly used to help soothe the feeling of congestion that often accompanies respiratory issues.
- This strong spicy scent is a classic ingredient in men’s fragrance blends.
- Used as a scalp rub, it refreshes and stimulates hair follicles.
- Lymp tonic
- Blends well with Pine, Cypress, Juniper, Lavender, citrus and spice oils.
- Avoid in pregnancy or epilepsy
- Use in moderation and highly diluted
- May be a potential skin irritant
- May be photosensitizing